When an emergency occurs, first responders risk their health and safety to help other people in need and protect the community. They face heightened risk in the workplace every day. Firefighters, law enforcement officers, paramedics, emergency medical technicians, and other emergency personnel act as real-life heroes. When they are injured responding to an accident or disaster, they must get proper medical care and financial benefits. When you partner with General Insurance Agency and our comprehensive worker’s compensation coverage for first responders, we can guide your department to be the most protected and productive it can be. Continue reading to learn more about workers’ compensation coverage and how General Insurance Agency can support your organization.
What to Do in the Event of an Accident
We are here for you in the event of a loss and can help you through a work injury claim for first responders in Beach Haven. Some of the most common work hazards first responders face include:
- Muscle Strains or Overexertion: Did you know muscle strains are the most common work injuries reported by first responders? Emergency personnel often lift heavy things and put an extensive strain on their body.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Slips, trips, and falls are extremely common in this line of work and can cause devastating injuries. Whether from height or on a slippery surface, a fall can keep a first responder off the job for an extended time.
- Motor Vehicle Collisions: First responders often rush to an emergency. Because of the nature of their response, it raises the risk of a vehicle accident.
- Smoke Inhalation/Chemical Exposure: Emergency personnel respond to many different scenes, and these areas may have toxic chemicals present. Chemical exposures can cause damaging problems or result in serious occupational diseases.
- COVID and other illnesses – Because first responders serve and protect the community, they often come into close contact with dozens of individuals. If an emergency responder has been exposed to a virus, they can be protected by workers’ compensation laws.
What Sets General Insurance Agency and our Top Rated Workers Compensation Coverage Apart from the Competition?
At General Insurance Agency, we have an extensive background in the insurance business and our very own have worked in the first responder field. Our industry knowledge ensures you receive top-tier assistance and support from the people who understand your needs the most. If you’re wondering what sets us apart from the competition, it’s because our company:
- Was designed by firefighters
- Exclusively works on focuses on first responders
- Has a deep industry knowledge
- Has a dedicated support team
Choose General Insurance Agency for Your Claims Services
Emergencies never happen during normal business and can’t often be predicted. Because of this, our agents are available to assist you or your organization in Beach Haven 24/7. Feel free to call or text us whenever you need us. Whether it’s a sprain or strain, a vehicle accident, or smoke inhalation, we are available throughout the entire process to offer valuable information and support. Contact us at 1-800-882-0801 or [email protected] to learn more.